Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Food Nutrition Lab






Here is my food nutrition lab...sorry I couldn't get it zoomed in!!

1. I think my diet is okay...I seem to have a pretty high salt intake though. My calories fall right around 1700, but my cholesterol is very high. But, I think overall it's an okay diet because I'm not exceeding 2000 calories but it does need some improvement on the salt and cholesterol.

2. I think what I would change about my diet is that I wouldn't drink diet soda and I would drink milk. I have never been one to drink milk, but I guess I should start. I would probably also eat more fruit, I only had one serving of fruit. I ate a few servings of Veggies, so I don't think I would add anymore. And no more ice cream :(

3. I do find this helpful because I didn't really realize that my salt intake was high. I also thought that I consumed more calories that I actually did. I didn't realize how much cholesterol I eat either, and I really need to watch on that. This tracking tool would probably help out with obesity trends because I don't think that many people realize how much they are ingesting.

































No comments: